Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Eternal Flame

Leviticus 6:13- “That fire must always be kept burning on the altar. It must never be allowed to stop burning.”
     Yesterday while attempting to do my fair share of ‘running around’ and getting things done for the week and my upcoming ministry meeting, I experienced what some would call a ‘hitch in my get-along’. My car brakes went out and what could have been a dangerous situation really just turned into a ‘revamp’ and ‘reassess’ situation. I had a lot on my plate over the weekend and really had been burning my candle at both ends. Although I was planning my work and working my plan; I was not getting adequate rest. So this minor snafu really is just a way to guide me into slowing down and rejuvenating so I can stay on my goal-setting path. With my car nestled in the garage until my mechanic can take a look at it; I am sequestered at home where I can refuel and get focused back on the real tasks at hand and not the scores of other things I allowed to pile onto my ‘to-do’ list.
     “Staying on task; staying focused; keeping our eyes on the prize”; all of these are familiar phrases we have heard, said and tried to live by. For 2016 I have used a similar phrase at the close of each of these blogs… we must stay focused on the purpose. It is important to keep moving forward and never giving up; but more important is to keep the drive of our conviction; the enthusiasm of our efforts and the fire of our determination fully stoked and ablaze. 
     When things do not go as planned (and an unstoppable vehicle is definitely not in my plan) or when we face problems or betrayals or stumbling blocks only the deep rooted fire of our determination can keep us on task until the blockage is removed. No matter what you are facing take time to stock pile your furnace; pack on extra fuel; collect additional energy sources so when the going gets tough you will be able to keep your fire lit. How do you stockpile? Very simply – keep assessing your needs; keep praying; keep praising; keep studying God’s word; keep helping others and most of all keep drawing near to our wonderful savior, Jesus.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a power-packed GREAT day! Don’t be distracted; stay focused on your purpose! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn



No comments:

Post a Comment