Thursday, September 21, 2017

New Life

John 3:16 (NIV) – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

     I'm not much of a television watcher and I very rarely ever turn the TV on in the morning but yesterday I was drawn to watch Good Morning America. I tuned in at a time when they were celebrating the five year life anniversary for a co-host Robin who received a lifesaving bone marrow transplant from her sister. They also featured the story of a young eight-year-old boy who received a transplant from a total stranger through Match.com. They met for the first time on the show. He said to her "thank you for saving my life."
     Immediately I was overwhelmed as were all the people watching in the studio, and even more so, my thoughts raced to thanking Jesus for saving my life.
     Our lives on planet Earth are so short. Time flies by so quickly; years roll by with the blink of an eye. The reality of it all is that each day we take a step closer to our own mortality. I am always so grateful that when this fleeting life is over God has given us eternal life through our belief in Jesus Christ. And just like this young boy who at death’s door received life from a bone marrow transplant, we receive the hope of a new life through the blood of Jesus. Rejoice with me today and give God thankful praise for his salvation plan and that he designed it just for us.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a victoriously GREAT day! Be blessed – Dr. JoAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment