Monday, March 4, 2019

Back to the Familiar

Genesis 31:3 - “Then the Lord said to Jacob, “Return to the land of your ancestors and to your kindred, and I will be with you.”
     Welllllll .....holidays, celebrations and just plain ole greediness slid into the picture over the past few months and I found myself adding on unwanted pounds. I decided to listen to the ‘talk’ and try the “Keto” diet craze. It was great at first but like anything that is extreme it was not sustainable and definitely not for me.
    Well I am back at what is familiar and successful for me. I made a conscientious (adult) decision to return to the common sense pattern of healthy eating regimen that led to my having a successful weight loss and maintenance for the past few years. I didn’t follow any wild, flash-in-the-pan “lose 20 pounds in a week” scheme; I prayed and asked God to help me make the right choices for the body he had created for me. Who knows better how something works than the designer; so I did what was best for me and it worked. So today marks the beginning of returning to the familiar.
       Pray for my resolve and I will pray that whatever things you have strayed from (that you know work) will become revitalized in your life. Ignore the get-rich-quick- things; stay away from the ‘no-money-needed’ real estate deals; run from the ‘win-a-free-trip-by-listening- to-a-1-hour-presentation’ trick. Some new adventures are great and may work for others; but be weary of things that aren’t right for you.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment