Monday, August 17, 2015

Gratitude

Acts 24:3 – “In every way and in every place, most excellent Felix, we accept and acknowledge this with deep appreciation and with all gratitude.”
    The other day I received the most gracious acknowledgement from one of my goddaughters.  It was a welcomed surprise; I was not expecting it because I did not recall giving her anything lately for which she would drop a thank you note into the mail.  It was not a store-bought, pre-printed thank you note to which she would pen her signature – No! --it was a blank note in which she took the time to write out her thoughts.  That in itself was a blessing to me.
     Her words thanked me for something that I take for granted because I do it all the time - pray.  I pray for her and many others constantly; but not too long ago I remember praying spontaneously with her over the phone.  Her note gave me joy to know that she appreciated my prayer gesture; but more important was the fact that she took out the time to drop me a note.  In this day and age with instant messaging and texting it is so easy to do the ‘quick’ thing; but she took the time to purchase the note, write the contents, address and stamp the envelope and mail the message to me.  She was grateful and I too am grateful that my words inspired and her life was enriched by the word of God. I am grateful for all of it.  
     Who do you need to say thanks to?  Who would gather strength and joy from hearing a few kind words of gratitude from you?  Search your heart and make someone feel as special as I felt the other day.  We don’t do things to get thanks; but it sure lifts the spirit when we hear that we are appreciated.  Lift someone’s countenance today; reach out and give thanks.

      Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a power-packed GREAT day! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn 

No comments:

Post a Comment