Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Mopped Up In Praise

Psalm 71:8 - 8 My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all day long.”
     Sunday I had a very full day and when I finally made it home I was ravenous. I had all the fixings for a great salad so I went to work searching through my pantry for the final toppings when I inadvertently knocked a liter bottle of Sprite soda onto the floor. As fate would have it the bottle’s carbonation caused it to explode and sweet, sticky soda sprayed all over the floor and shot many feet across the room. After picking up the bottle to stop the gushing liquid, my first inclination was to just leave everything there, eat my salad to calm the rumbling in my stomach and clean up the mess later after I had quenched my hunger. I did grumble a bit, but then I just laughed and started giving God praise. I had just attended two back-to-back worship services and now the bad karmic forces wanted to try to distract me from my inspired mood. I caught that monkey by the tail and refused to succumb.
     I realized this distraction was only trying to kill my joy so I turned the tables. I began to sing praise songs as I got a towel and attempted to mop up the mess. Then I decided to take control of the distraction - I got out my bucket, my old fashioned mop, some floor cleanser and my yellow rubber gloves. I ran hot water to fill my bucket as I moved furniture and rugs, prepared to mop not only the kitchen floor but the entire downstairs of my home; including the bathroom and laundry room.
     The more I sang and gave God praise the harder I worked. The harder I worked the more I sweat. The more I sweat the more toxins were being removed from my body. I had started a 40 day detox just a few days ago and what could have been a sullen time of grumbling turned into a wonderful 30-minute exercise time. When I finished, the house smelled clean, I felt accomplished and the salad tasted even better. Everything can be a time of praise when you look for the greater good. When life gives you lemons – make lemonade; when life gives you lemon-flavored soda – get out your praise mop.
     Every day is good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Don’t be distracted; stay focused on your purpose. Be blessed – Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment