Tuesday, February 10, 2015

New Day, New Place, New Thanks

New Day, New Place, New Thanks

Psalm 118:29 - "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;his love endures forever."

After a late night at work ( my last class ends at 10 pm) I staggered through the rain to collapse after a long weekend of organizing, packing, lifting, and moving. I woke this morning in a new place, with a different attitude and giving God total praise.  Last night was my first night at my apartment and although I am neck deep in boxes and bags and "stuff" I am already feeling at home.  It has been more than 30 years since I have lived in an apartment dwelling so I had to wrap my mind around the many steps up to my second floor place and the sounds of the unfamiliar.  It is very quiet here so I know my neighbors will have to get used to hearing me trying to breathe and catch my breath after hiking up these steps.  But in it all I give thanks!  God has a smart and easy way of getting me to workout daily on my own "stair master".   I give God thanks for how he is continually ordering my steps. I see his hand of provision mapping out and aligning the best path for my journey and in all things I give thunderous praise and humble thanks.  I admit I often question but I never fail to trust him. 
      Today is a day for cleaning, unpacking, organizing and discarding. Today is a day of thanks and appreciation.  I can not speak for next month, next week or even tomorrow, but today is a wonderful day that our Lord has made and I am so grateful he kissed me into consciousness, jump started my awareness, soothed my aching muscles and opened my eyes to see his grace in every box and bag scattered around me.  
     Give God thanks today, just for today! Thank him for the opportunities as well as the challenges; for whatever comes he will be there to guide, protect and teach!  Life does not always present us with the best cards and sometimes we might even feel that the deck is stacked against us; but rest assured God always has a "trump" card and he is our partner and wants us to win!  Give him thanks in all things... It's a new day!!
        Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment