Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Fear Not - I Am With You

Daniel 10:19  (NIV) - "Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed,” he said. “Peace! Be strong now; be strong. When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength.” 
 Last night just before I was about to say my nightly prayer and retire to bed, God decided he wanted to speak first and he laid upon my heart—’fear not’.   The ‘Grown-Up-Woman JoAnn’ assessed the realities of my life and summed up that there are quite a few variables that I have no control over that are impinging upon me. Some aspects carry degrees of fear provoking angsts, but I am harboring no fear (I thought).  But the ‘Little-Girl-JoAnn’ inside must be experiencing anxiety and God was speaking to her.
The story of Daniel in the lion’s den popped into my head so I opened my Bible to the point of the story where King Darius rushed to find out what had happened to Daniel after a night in the pit; only to discover that God had closed the lions’ mouths and that Daniel was not only safe but in good spirits.  The lesson God gave me was that just like me, Daniel was a man, a mortal with emotions.  I am certain that even in his non-resistance to being placed in the lion’s den (Daniel didn’t struggle or fight back), surely his inner being experienced some emotions.  His heart probably was racing and his knees may have grown weak as he approached the opening to the pit. The outward man walked undaunted to his destiny, but his inner man was afraid.  We can sit and watch a thriller movie in a comfortable, cushioned movie theater, knowing well that there is no 50 foot monster waiting for us in the parking lot, but we scream anyway when it jumps at us on the movie screen.  The outer man thinks rationally but the inner child will still fear. Just like Daniel I am pushing forth into uncertainty but I am wholly obedient to what God has told me to do.  Last night God told me to stay focused, this uncharted path is a part of my destiny; but the ravaging beasts of the experience are only there to teach others who see me safe in the midst of the turmoil to glorify God.  
So when I finally did got a chance to say my prayer last night ‘Grown-Up-JoAnn’ stayed quiet and ‘Little-Girl-JoAnn’ thanked God for his reassurance and was strengthened for a wonderful night’s rest and courage to face the beasts. What we go through really isn't’ about those of us who believe; our walk really helps those who need to see our invisible God work through us. I implore you faithful readers to do as Joyce Meyer teaches… “scary things may be there but ...do it afraid”. It will glorify God! 
Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT power-packed day!  Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment