Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Simple Words

Romans 5:4 (ERV) -“And his patience is proof that we are strong. And this proof gives us hope.
   Over the course of the past few weeks I have experienced a series of bizarre yet painful accidents; from burned fingertips, sprained shoulders, skinned knees to even busted fingers slammed in a car door.  All of these freaky occurrences culminated in me going to the doctor yesterday because of numbness and fatigue.  After several circulatory and physical strength evaluations; my physician said the words that I needed to hear – “you have great circulation, just give yourself time to heal”. After two trip-and-falls I knew the pain I was feeling was not normal.  I never gave myself time to heal.  After my bout with ‘sleeping’ digits, I figured the injuries needed a little tender loving care - but I needed to hear it from a trained medical professional and someone I could trust.  I needed the reassurance that my problems would diminish in time and that each day is a step toward feeling better.  As the scripture reminds us…  patience, hope and healing all go hand-in-hand and must obey the laws God has set I motion for process and patience. 
     We can try to hurry and worry but God’s timing always overrides our anxiousness and heals all of our afflictions.  We must learn (like I did the hard way) to slow down, enjoy the process and anticipate the newness yet to come.  What are you rushing through today that needs a little more time to marinate?  Are you gathering your harvest before its prime ripening?  God’s time is best; be patient with the process and enjoy the steps. 
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a power-packed GREAT day!  Be blessed!  Dr. JoAnn

1 comment: