Wednesday, December 9, 2015

ZZZZZZZ

Psalm 121:3 (ASV) “He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber.”
       I am back… I took a brief hiatus from my early morning blog writing yesterday to sleep in and get some much needed rest.  My body is experiencing physical fatigue from weeks of sorting, packing and moving; my mind is juggling a few upcoming projects; my spirit is on fire from hosting my last First Friday Fellowship Praise and Worship ministry meeting of the year on Dec. 4th and I just ended teaching my college courses and completed evaluating and calculating their final grades.  To say the least, I was exhausted.  My physical body has been battered and bruised; my spiritual and emotional highs have been raised to a new limit and the joy of moving into a great new space has all but taken to me a new level of overload.
    I needed the rest but I am so thankful that I have a God who neither slumbers nor sleeps.  He is on point 25/8/366.  Because he is going to be up anyway…why should I?  I look forward to winding down at the end of a full day and just turning everything over to God. I don’t worry about what I didn’t not get a chance to complete nor do I mottle over non-returned calls; unopened emails; and unread text messages.  I live by the mantra that “Everything is in Divine order.”  Therefore my sleep time is divinely appointed and in order.
      Are you consumed by a heavy workload; do you seem to always be the one bringing extra work home; or having to spend late hours trying to finalize a project.  If you just can’t seem to fit everything you need to complete in a day’s time frame; then let me encourage you to set a time to put stuff down. The body of Christ is tired and when we are tired we minimize our effectiveness.  Don’t underestimate what a good night’s sleep can do for your entire being.   Some might tell you that you need to get organized and learn how to prioritize.  Those skills are equitable and necessary but nothing trumps turning stuff over to the Master.   Pray over it and then turn it over to God to handle while you get some ZZZZZZs. If you trust in Him, he will not only grant you a great night’s sleep, but he will align things so that upon your awakening the right people will be on board, the places you need to go will be accessible; the people you need to meet will be available and the actions you need to take will run smoothly.
     People who like to run around like headless chickens, constantly pecking at their iPads, Androids and smartphones don’t impress me; anyone can look busy, but it is difficult to fake being well rested.  Try it you might like it.  Make up your mind and set a ‘STOP’ time for yourself for tonight; earlier than you usually quit activities; pray throughout the day for the Holy Spirit to help you meet your ‘wind-down’ goal and then just do it.  Turn in early and watch as God turns some things in your life around. 

Every day is a good day it is up to us to make it a GREAT power-filled day.  Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment