Friday, March 25, 2016

Set Christ Free

Blessed Good Friday!  
Galatians 2:20 (KJV) - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
 Today’s scripture reminds us that as true believers of God, we now operate as new creations with Christ living in us.  It is the bold spirit of God within us that allows us to walk in power, authority, dignity and truth.  When we operate in any other fashion, we are keeping Christ in bondage within.  We must set Christ free to move and live through us.  It is through our faith that we can operate in wholeness, joy, peace, and temperance.  It is through our faith that Christ beams from inside of us to bathe all around us with his love through our actions. 
Christ will gently knock and quietly speak; we must respond in like manner.  Christ does not coerce, bride, cajole or puppeteer us into action.  He speaks soothingly to our spirit and we must respond in a fashion that is pleasing to God. Christ gave of himself and only asks that we do the same; give of ourselves.  Submit our lives to God wholly and give to our fellowman unselfishly.  We must set Christ free to be the best that we can be.  I charge us today to find ways to set Christ free… do a random act of kindness today. Give your best without expecting a return and watch Christ live freer in you. 

Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day!  Don’t be distracted – stay focused on your purpose! 
Celebrate the joy of Resurrection Weekend!!

Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment