Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The Right “Stuff”

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - “There is a right time for everything, and everything on earth will happen at the right time.”
     Yesterday morning I was blessed with an impromptu visit from my goddaughter from California. She was making her way here to do a visit with extended family. Although I had tons of work on my plate and prep work to do for Thanksgiving dinner, I put everything on hold to spend some quality time with her.  It was a wonderful time to stop and relish our relationship. She and her sister are my first godchildren and although we are separated by thousands of miles our bond is deep.
    It was no thought whatsoever for me to put things aside in order to spend time with her. We laughed, we reminisced, we talked  seriously about current issues, we talked about family ties and what the future might hold. The few brief hours that we spent yesterday reminded me of how important it is that even in the mist of all the hustle and bustle do what God did for us.  God is eternal so he literally “made” time for us.  Let’s be sure to not get so caught up in the “stuffing” that we forget the real important “stuff” of life.
Take time to love on someone today.  You will both be richer for it.

Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a great day. Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment