Monday, November 20, 2017

Time with God

Hebrews 10:25- “We must not quit meeting together, as some are doing. No, we need to keep on encouraging each other. This becomes more and more important as you see the Day getting closer.”
     I was up early yesterday morning trying to get it together to decide to go to church... not really feeling it ... not Because I did not want to go to church,  but I thought about the tons of work and the soon approaching deadlines that I have and decided to play “hookie” to use those hours to catch up. The past week with all of my phone and technical glitches had thrown me so off-course I needed every second to get work done. 
      I am such a “church chick”  I rationalized that I really didn’t need to go ...over the past 10 days I had been to 2 services, a funeral, a revival meeting and 2 bible studies... my sermon tank was full....so I sat on the side of my bed and believed that I was “good” and didn’t have to go .....that is why I needed to make sure I went....and I did.
     Whenever I don't feel like going but show up is when I thump the devil in the top of his head and push onward because I know my faithfulness is pleasing to God. Worship isn't about how I feel but how grateful I am .. I attended the early morning service and had a great time praising, praying and listening to the Word.  My spirit was so energized that I also stayed for Sunday school and didn’t rush out when everything was over.  I gave God back a portion of his time that he so graciously gives to me. I shared and fellowshipped with like- minded folks and my soul was encouraged. 
I eventually made my way home and God honored my time tithe by opening up my intuition to complete many of my desired assignments in record time. While I still have more things to complete one thing is crystal clear ... no matter what is on your plate; always take the time to worship and give thanks and watch how God will hold the sun in the sky until you accomplish your goals!
     Every day is a good day; it’s up to us to make it a GREAT day. Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn 

No comments:

Post a Comment