Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Patience Pays

Romans 5:4 (ERV) -“And his patience is proof that we are strong. And this proof gives us hope.”
     The other day while the ‘winter storm’ was bearing down upon the city, I decided what better thing to do than to try to help someone in need and I braved the roadways to take him to an appointment. In the course of the day, through flurries of snowflakes, bumper-to-bumper traffic and freezing temperatures, I witnessed what can happen when we practice patience.
     For the most part I noticed that many motorists were kind enough to allow fellow drivers to merge. Very few horns were blown nor did I witness any raised fists or lowered windows with blasphemous shouts being emitted. As we crept along the slick roadways, it was obvious that my prayers and the prayers of many others had been answered. Just as the snow was blanketing the city; a spirit of calm and cooperation was blanketing the area where I traversed.
     It could be said that somewhere else all ‘hell’ was breaking loose, but in my small corner of the world, all was at peace. I knew the circumstances might be bleak and that road rage could have been a consequence but my expectation from the power of my prayer was what materialized for me and those who shared the road with me. Prayer does change things and patient anticipatory expectation is key to seeing things manifest.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a power-packed GREAT day! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment