Friday, December 29, 2017

What A Ride!!!

Psalm 103:2-3- “Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! 2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:”
     A quote by Hunter S. Thompson states- “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
     I love this quote and that is how I am ending this year. I have had a wildly adventurous and uniquely exhilarating year. It has been filled with trials, tragedies, twists and triumphs. But most of all it has been filled with the love of God and his faithfulness. As I write this last blog entry for 2017 it brings me great pleasure to say I am thankful for all of my readers, your comments, your support and most of all your desire to read my thoughts which keeps me faithful to publish God’s word. Let’s enter 2018 with the mindset to take the reins and ride hard and get all that God has provided for us; share our victories; learn from our stumbles and keep on praising and praying. I love you.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to a make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn



2 comments:

  1. ..Reminds me of the question, "are you LIVING or just EXISTING?"… I will admit I am one who gets caught up in the motions of work, being a mom,taking care of home, etc. and I forget to LIVE & "ride hard.."This blog has given me another ounce of passion for life!! From this day forth, when my feet hit the ground, I will LIVE & EMBRACE everything that God has placed in my sight and complete it with a spirit of excellence.. Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and I stand with you as you accept the challenge to “live to the fullest” each day!

      Delete