Thursday, January 22, 2015

Remember When!!

Remember When!
Isaiah 50:10 - "Who among you fears the Lord?Who obeys the voice of His Servant?Who walks in darkness and has no light?nLet him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon his God. "
      Faithful readers, yesterday was such a challenging technology day that I just had to go back to 'old school' logic or I would have lost my mind- up in here, up in here!!! After a few years of teaching an accelerated version of the Human Anatomy and Physiology course, this semester I am teaching the beginning level and over the Christmas holiday break I spent many days updating and generating new power point lectures, study guides, exams etc. Last week when classes resumed I was on top of my game and ready to roll.  Well here it is week two and my portable USB drive with all the stored data is corrupt and no longer functioning.  After hours of unsuccessfully working to restore and back up the data I had to come to the unsettling conclusion that i had to do something different and move on.
     In my own way I relied too much on this modern technology and did not have a recent backup.  Praise God I did have some old notes saved from 2008, so I grabbed a few colored markers, my notes and I taught my class the "old school" way - on the board.  When life's little nuances spring up to provide challenges; just rebuke any desire to get too frustrated. That is what the devil wants. He wants us bothered and off of our game. He wants us to lose focus and get so wrapped up in what does not work that we forget that God is a provider.  
      I had created those updated and modernized presentations by God's blessing and grace so I will use that same creative power to redo everything that I need (and you can bet I will save it my Dropbox this time).  I will rely on the God of Creation, the Ancient of Days to help me develop something even better than I could imagine.  Just because it is new, God will anoint it and empower it and me to make a difference for my students. 
          When things you prepare seem to fail or fall short, don't be thrown off your game- consult the one true God; trust in him and rely upon him to make the "next batch" even better. In the meantime rely upon what you know and keep stepping.  If the calculator malfunctions; take out paper and pencil.  If the microwave burns out; time to pull out the cookware. If you have to go back to square one don't worry. God is there; he is the same yesterday, today and forever. Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day. Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

For those of you in the Atlanta area. I teach Bible study Thursday night in Decatur, GA. Check out my website for full information.  www.smarttchoice.org

No comments:

Post a Comment