Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Shut It Up!

Daniel 6:22 - (CEB) “My God sent his messenger, who shut the lions’ mouths. They haven’t touched me because I was judged innocent before my God. I haven’t done anything wrong to you either, Your Majesty.”

      If you are like me, there are times when negative speaking people just get on your nerves so badly that you don’t want to be rude, but you really feel like telling them to ‘shut up’!  You keep offering encouraging word after encouraging word but it never seems to help them snap out of their downward spiral into negativity. Eventually interacting with them can drain even the most fully-stocked reservoir of its joy.  
      As a true extrovert, I draw my energy from the auras, strengths and energies around me. When the environment is stale and low-energy I immediately sense the bad vibe and I either rev it up or get out.  But what happens when you can do neither? In the case of Daniel, he was placed in the lion’s den.  Jealousy from negative people caused him to be put into an environment that was dangerous to his well-being. He could not ‘rev it up’ by fast talking the lions and he could not just get out.  
      The same can happened to us. Although we might not have to fear being thrown to the literal lions, we often are thrust into confrontations with people whose whole demeanor is to kill our spirit.  When we sense that we are in the midst of extreme irrationality or just plain ole negative people, the best solution is to be like Daniel.  He was fully prayed up.  His prayer life was so on fire that he had plenty of ‘energy’ in reserve.  He did not have to bargain or plead or struggle or beg.  He realized he was around vicious people who wanted him removed from the scene but he also realized that God had placed him there for a reason and had equipped him through their daily prayer relationship to handle anything that would come. 
I encourage you to stay prayed up; don’t worry about the nay-sayers - they will always be around – focus on your time with God so that when the trials come you will have nothing to do  but watch as God tells them to “shut it up”.

Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day.  2015 is the Year of Manifestation. Be blessed!  Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment