Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Shelter In The Time of Storm

Psalm 61:3 (AMP: “ For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, a strong tower against the adversary.”
         In earlier posts I told of how thankful I am to finally be settled into a new comfortable home. Through all of the shuffling around over the past few years, I am thankful that even through the displacement and downsizing how grateful I am to have had, and still have some ‘stuff’ to call my own and a place to put all of the stuff that survived the journey.  Having shelter is no joke.  One of the first things that settlers in any new area try to acquire is some form of shelter which provides protection from the elements; a comfortable place to rest the body and emotional safety and security.
     When the certainty of leaving my previous adobe became a reality, I asked God where was I to go. Utilizing his usual method of communicating with me when I attempt to panic, he was silent.  As I calmed my spirit, his voice became more clear and distinct and in essence he told me to ‘wait’.  And I did.  I packed but I waited.  I packed the essentials and I waited to find out where they would go.  I shuffled through and downsized things I had in storage and I waited for further instructions.  I packed things to give away and I waited for news of my next move.  I worked while I waited.
          I considered a myriad of relocation scenarios; even contemplated foreign missionary service; but in it all, God told me to wait.  Shelter came from an unlikely but providential source.  And now I am finally “at home” and I know all parties are being blessed by this union.  Daily I give God praise for a roof over my head; a door to lock out danger; ample food and enough ‘stuff’ to make it all comfortable. I praise God for the shelter of his everlasting arms; the shelter of his abiding Word; the shelter of knowing that I am saved and safe.  I thank God for shelter.  Whether you live in a 10 bedroom mansion, a rental double-wide trailer or found peace on a friend’s pull-out sofa, give God praise and thanksgiving for shelter.  

Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a power-packed GREAT day! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment