Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Waning Phase!

I was in my prayer room in my house yesterday morning just watching the sun bathe my cul-de-sac when I looked at some plants that are by my mailbox.  They are a mixture of seasonal varieties which grow and bloom at different times during the year.  As I sat I could not help but admire their sheer beauty.  

One cluster of foliage really grabbed my attention.  In the late spring I remember their buds piercing through the ground and the green stalks reaching  skyward as they yearned for sun and moisture. By Midsummer they were in full bloom with gorgeous flowers that wrapped themselves in the breeze and brought such an aromatic fragrance. But now in their waning time their leaves are getting pale and spotted - the blooms have fallen off-  yet there is an awesome beauty as their contrasting gold and brown leaves push against the backdrop of the surrounding plants.  Even in their waning times they are awesome displays of God Splendor. 
As I push through various projects and different phases of my life and watch the ebb and flow of events, I think how similar it is to these planted beauties. Some things are in full bloom and vibrant while there are other things that are in that point of coming to a final stop. But even in the ceasing of its season there is still beauty. Do not look upon those things in your life that are slowing down, aging or changing as losing "luster" but look at the different type of beauty that it possesses in this phase.   God is awesome ...everything he creates no matter what phase of life it is in - is wonderful.  Appreciate those things which are moving to a "final end" not just in  remembering what used to be , but how nice they still are in their new phase.   (This goes for people too!!)   Give God praise. 


Every Day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn 

No comments:

Post a Comment