Monday, May 16, 2016

Fat Faith

Ezekiel 3:1-"And he said to me, “Son of man, eat whatever you find here. Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.”
     Many of you might know that for the past year I have been on periodic 40-day detox sessions where I have eliminated certain food groups from my diet in order to cleanse my system. To date I have lost over 60 pounds and I feel great. One mantra that has helped me through the process when tempting yet potentially unhealthy choices come my way - I declare – “this will not heal me!. It gives me opportunity to think about why I am really consuming what I eat. What am I really feeding?
     We hear it more often now than ever before - high glycemic index, bad carbs, low-fat, gluten-free, organic, free-ranged and farm raised. Regardless of where we decide to get our nourishment it is important to remember that it might not be so much what you eat but what you feed that matters.
If you are experiencing inner conflict and struggling to make a decision of what to choose; one thing is a guarantee - whatever you feed is what will grow. If you feed doubt... then uncertainty will flourish. If you feed confusion or chaos then your ability to make organized mature choices will starve to death and instability will take over.
     Take a few moments and think about what you are feeding your soul. Is it the food that will make for a stable, healthy life or are you feeding it junk food? Avoid empty calories. Jesus is the bread of life.... this bread will not make you bloated or raise your blood sugar. Eat up!!! Get fat on faith and watch the healthy change that will sweep over you.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it s GREAT day! Don’t be distracted – focus on your purpose. Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn


2 comments: