Monday, March 26, 2018

Happy Birthday to Me!

Philippians 1:3: “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you”.
     This is the day that the Lord has made and I have been thankful about it all month!! I am thankful for my mother, Eula Mae Williams Smartt Boddie, who made sure to eat properly and not smoke or drink so that my introduction into this world was not as a sickly, under-developed or malformed baby. I am thankful for my aunt and uncle, Charles and Sara Gunn, who raised me ; my father (Joseph Smartt); my siblings (Stanley Smartt, Deborah Anderson, Joseph Winters and Ron Garlington) and cousins (Arthur Houser, Jr, Jackie Smartt, Ali Hasan, Juanakee Hargrove Butler, Lloyd Bowry and a host of others)who love me and my friends and associates who tolerate me. I am blessed to have two strong sons (Steven and Charles Gaither) and two adorable grandchildren (Kamari and Charles, Jr).
     I am thankful. I am thankful to a God who created me; a Savior who redeemed me and a Comforter who guides and teaches me. I am grateful. I am blessed and I won’t waste a minute of this fine day complaining or wondering or speculating about anything. I am fully persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate [me] us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord - so therefore I am thankful. Enjoy your day! I surely plan to squeeze all the greatness out of it that I can.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Rev. Dr. JoAnn



No comments:

Post a Comment