Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Impostor Alert

1 John 1:9 (KJV) – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”     Yesterday I was my 60th birthday, but I truly celebrated it on Saturday when a group of my friends and family gathered for an old fashioned “house”-type party. My friends lent their expertise in areas of design, decoration, music and catering to make the affair awesome in so many ways. The success of the night was highlighted by the fact that I recognized the strengths and talents of those who helped organize and pull off the event. And I was dutiful to allow then to do what they do best and I did not stray too far from my own lane. I trusted them to know what to do, how to do it and sure enough the outcome was more than I could have ever expected.
     Just as I had to ‘let go’ and let my friends orchestrate a fabulous birthday bash, we too must allow God to do what he does best in our own lives. He is our Creator and who best knows the inner workings of the creation than the creator.
     As I continue to celebrate my birthday through the end of the month I want to praise God and ask for forgiveness when I have not honored him by appreciating the life and mission he has given to me when I step outside of my purpose and try to take on his role.
       Each of us has an appointed mission and God’s gifts, talents and our acquired skills are all a part of the formulae for us to use in completing the work that we have been assigned. Our journeys may be different and the ease or difficulty may range from rosy to stifling, but nevertheless God is in control and his grace is sufficient for our purposes.
     When we take on God’s job and many of us do on a daily basis, God is a gentleman and he will take his hands off and step aside. He will not fight you to take care of you. He will not argue or be belligerent. When we step outside of our anointing and cozy up to things that are not a part of our concern we derail and possibly endanger ourselves, our progress and our success. As we know in physics and geometry, a simple change in an angle at the beginning can lead to a wide variation or distortion at the end. I have learned to not take the reins out of God’s hands for the devil will take those very lead lines and try to wrap them around our own necks until we will feel choked and subdued.
     Thank you God for loving me so much that you not only sent your son to redeem me and solidity my salvation; but you allow me to surrender my life to you and you take such awesome care of me. I confess my sin of trying to be in control and I am grateful that as today’s scripture says – you are faithful in forgiving and cleansing. Thank you for another year of life and I surrender my life totally to you. I will not be an impostor. Use me Lord; use me for your glory.
      Thanks again to everyone who helped to make my birthday celebration a time of such great joy. Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed. Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment