Monday, May 28, 2018

Naysayers

Joshua 13: 30-31 – “And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. But the men that went up with him said, “We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.”


Within the last few weeks God has dropped a wonderful thought into my being and given me an assignment that is a definitive walk of faith. God has given me the opportunity to start a church worship service at the retirement community where my adorable 93 year-young aunt resides. Aside from weekly Sunday service I also teach a weekly Bible Study group. It is both exhilarating and challenging.
God made it clear from the beginning that this was not going to be a plan laid out like Noah’s assignment where he received full instructions, including measurements and materials. No, my walk would involve more of an Abrahamic learn-as-you-go approach. In the preparation for his revealing each piece-meal step, I have expanded my prayer with one simple request – “God align me with the right people who are positive in their interaction with me and faithful in their walk with you.”
I work hard at sequestering any self-doubt so I do not need or want anyone around me who always sees the glass as half-empty or who would try to throw a wet blanket over the fire that is growing in my spirit. As you follow God’s will and direction listen and watch for signs of those who want to plant negativity. My advice when you catch others constantly questioning your resolve or bringing up what you do not have in place is to remind them that if God created everything from nothing; he is fully capable of making miracles from the head start he has using the great talents he has given to you. Say ‘nay’ to naysayers and do not allow their negative energy to sway or distract you. Be about the call that God has placed on your life and ‘get ‘er done’.
Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment