Monday, March 2, 2015

Evil Deeds

Psalm 21:11 ( AMP) – “ For they planned evil against You; they conceived a mischievous plot which they are not able to perform.

 On Friday morning last week perpetrator(s) of evil deeds entered my apartment through my bedroom window. It seemed so awkward because the window leads to my balcony which is suspended 3 stories from the ground.  They made off with mostly my technology (laptop computers, digital camera, many electronic devices) and countless, sentimental pieces of jewelry.   I had only moved in about two weeks ago and I am mostly 100% certain it is my neighbor. The time they entered and left was so strategic they had to be watching my every move.  But unbeknownst to evil doers, we have a heavenly Father who watches over us day and night.  The incident could have been a worse-case scenario, but God was guiding the events step by step. 

I had no plans to leave the house on Friday, but the Holy Spirit kept urging me to go and run a few errands.  The weather in Atlanta has not been the sunniest or the best for the past few days so I really was in opposition of getting out; but I listened and sure enough after returning from my errands I discovered that in that short period or time, my home had been vandalized. I am glad I was not there when they forced their way in nor did I arrive back too early and run into them in the midst of their wrongdoing.

After calling the police, filling-out the reports, I settled into the task of cleaning up.  As I pulled through the chore I could not help but give God praise for preserving and protecting me as he did.  Things could have been much worse.  I refuse to give the devil any credit.  His minions failed in their mission to get me distracted and off focus of what God has planned so special for me.  I hurt for the missing things that were special gifts (especially those collectables handed down to me); but if God allowed it to happen and kept me safe through the ordeal…there is a higher purpose and I have come to understand that I must trust God in all things, especially the losses.

I prayed for the thieves’ redemption and that their souls should not rest until they have a personal encounter with God.  I could get really mad or sulk into depression but instead I channeled my energies into positive living.  If we truly trust the Lord we will have the victory.   What was planned for evil will turn out to be for my betterment when all the dust settles.  With active insurance in place, I can get the laptops replaced and even get upgraded models. The devil wanted to use this as a victory for his team, but by praise and thanksgiving our God gets the glory and he will surely reward us when we remember to give him our best even when we feel our worse.    

Every day is a good day.  It is up to us to make it a GREAT day!  Be Blessed! This is the Year of Manifestation.  Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment