Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Shake It Off!

Matthew 10:14 – “If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.”
    Last week after being sequestered in the house because many establishments were closed because of our ‘winter storm’ (which never materialized in our area); I ventured out to shake off some cabin fever. My adventure landed me in a local WalMart where I took an opportunity to pray with a young woman. The Holy Spirit had put upon my heart to pray for someone and we kept running into each other as we shopped through the store. On the third encounter after I had passed her on several isles I finally stopped her and inquired of her willingness to have me pray for her.
    She responded positively and even told me of two desires that were on her heart for prayer. I told her I was open to pray anywhere, but if she felt uncomfortable there in the isle we could move to another spot; but she was willing and I was able. Afterward, with tears in her eyes, she gave me a nice hug and I gave her a card and encouraged her to check out my blog site. I felt good that I had followed the urging of the Holy Spirit, but more so I felt good because I was able to join in agreement with a fellow believer in prayer.
   This was a good interaction. There have been other times when I have felt the urge to pray with someone and they rejected the notion. I gather those times will come and God uses those moments to teach us to not take things personally or to heart. There will be some who will reject Jesus through you and you must not carry any negativity…just shake it off and move on the next person that God presents.
    Every day is a good day it is up to us to make it a GREAT day. Pray victoriously! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment