Thursday, January 12, 2017

Wisdom - There for the Asking

James 1:5 – “If any of you lacks wisdom you should ask God, who give generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” (NIV)
     Like I am sure is common to most of us, if we will admit it, I have made some pretty foolish decisions. I have opened my mouth, when I should have kept it shut. I have remained silent when I should have spoken up. I have stayed when I should have left and I have left when I should have held my ground.
     Some of the decisions were quick reactions but many of these decisions I didn’t make rashly, I actually thought them through but still teetered on the side of “why-did-I-do-that?” My main decision making rested on my ability to discern situations on my own (usually involving emotions) when I should have relied on the true wisdom that God provides through the Holy Spirit.
     Hindsight as they say is 20-20 vision and if we really take the time to replay some of the actions we have done over the past year, I am sure we will all see areas where we could have made better decisions. Let’s not live in regret or wallow in remorse; but learn and move forward. Ask God for wisdom; then listen and follow through.
    Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Live Victoriously! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment