Thursday, January 18, 2018

Sheltered

Psalm 91:1 – “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”
     For more than 40 hours many of us in the Eastern and Southern parts of our country have been sequestered inside due to a wintery storm.  Here in Atlanta our roadways have been so slick that advisories caution to stay indoors and avoid travel unless completely necessary.  Schools, colleges, governmental offices and many businesses closed which gave many of us no reason to have to venture out into the bitter cold. 
     I have taken full advantage of this time sequestered to reorganize areas in my home and catch up on paperwork. Not being much of a television watcher and being home alone I have fully enjoyed this down time reading and having great conversations with God.  Aside from the ‘thank you Lord I am not homeless and out in the cold’ – our talks have centered on how grateful I am for just having a heavenly Father who loves me so much that he desires a relationship with me.  I have had great opportunity to really talk about how his shielding love and overarching protection keeps me and reassures me. 
     With the temperatures in the teens; accompanying howling winds and threats of an extended wintery blast I feel so sheltered here in my home.  Plenty to eat, ample liquids to drink, operational heat and running water; but most importantly the comfort of knowing that God is right here with me.  I feel safe, secure and comfortable.  Even if you are in a part of the country where there are balmy breezes right now and access to come and go as you please – it is a reassuring feeling that only God can provide when you know that you are kept under his shadow.  Enjoy his secret place. He created it just for you.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to a make it a GREAT day!  Be blessed!  Rev. Dr. JoAnn



No comments:

Post a Comment