Monday, August 27, 2018

Find Out!


Ephesians 5:17 – “Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.”
    We have heard it said that ‘ignorance is bliss’ and that you can’t be blamed for what you do not know. Don’t be foolish when it comes to the will of God for your life; not just this mortal life but our eternal purpose. God warns us to not be wasteful of the precious time we are allotted while here on earth. This world is not our only assignment; we are destined for eternal life with him when we accept the gift of salvation and we must know and acknowledge our purpose within God’s kingdom.
     Like many, I used to say ‘why am I here?’ – what is my purpose; especially after so many of my dear friends have died and passed on from this mortal existence? I wondered what my destiny was and instead of asking vague questions out into the atmosphere, I point-blank directed my questions to the God of creation. “Why was I so wonderfully and fearfully made? And although there was no airplane writing in the sky or big billboard plastered on the side of a building to proclaim my answer…he made himself crystal clear. I asked and he answered me in a special way and he will do the same for you.
     Your purpose may remain the same but don’t be fooled if your assignments change as you grow in your relationship with God. Just as workers get more responsibility as they progress through the workings of a company- more will be added and some things taken away as God advances and uses you for his will. Embrace the challenges and above all – find out what you are supposed to be doing and do it.
      Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment