Friday, November 2, 2018

Blessings of Faith

Romans 5:2 (NLT) – “Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory”.
      The other day a girlfriend and I were praying and she mentioned how thankful she was that in her walk with God, she is learning to hear and follow him more faithfully. Incidents with her car and her living environment have caused her to develop, not a sense of urgency, but an aura of calm and trust. While we are to do all in our power to handle life’s ups and down’s, the clue is “within our power”. We can shoulder the vicissitudes of life so much better when we realize that the true battles belong to the Lord and to be patient and allow the blessings of faith to take a foothold.
     I often reminisce about times when I would try to make sure we had every ‘I’ dotted, ‘t’ crossed and ‘j’ hooked; but now I go with ‘the flow’ so much it is often unreal just how I manage to get anything done. But I know it is not me, but the Holy Spirit that dwells within that guides, directions, and gears my actions to make sure I have the most success in the activities that God ordains.
     Listen to the still small voice that gingerly leads and then follow the urging that motivate you to do the ‘righteous’ thing! You can never go wrong when you trust God and walk on although you do not always know the exact path. Trust God to be a lamp upon your feet and that as you journey forth, he will light each step just as you need to know where to put your foot. First you have to faithfully take that step….and trust that when you are ready to plant your foot - God will have secure ground to support it.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Have an inspiring weekend. See you on Monday! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment