Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Take A Stand

Titus 2:11-12- "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age".

       This morning I was listening to a talk given by Joyce Meyer and the point of her sermon reflected on forgiveness. While digesting her message the Holy Spirit pointed me toward holiness. I did not primarily see the connection but I want to share what was revealed.  Forgiveness is the pure nature of God because God is love. His prime objective in the sacrifice of Christ was to forgive mankind and restore us to fellowship with God. As we strive to be more Christ-like, we must honestly forgive others and even ourselves.  When we open channels for God to use us to show his grace and glory we invite God to really bathe us in himself.  
         So what does that have to do with today's scripture? As I asked God about my own areas of forgiveness (to forgive others and to be forgiven) he reminded me of a recent incident where temptation had the nerve to raise its ugly head and try to persuade me to act outside of my character; to yield to actions I know are ungodly. Honestly the devil is crafty and he uses all the right tools but I am so glad that being steeped in God's word and prayer I recognize God's voice even through the sly tongue of the adversary.  The more they talked, the more their words turned to babble and I heard my God speak until at last something was said that I knew only God would know.  Something that you know God has purposed in your life- take a stand and trust God- rebuke the slick and the sugar-coated and drill down to the heart of every situation. In your drilling if you don't hit anointed oil- do like Joseph and flee the situation.  Don't worry about hurting people's feelings or looking foolish when you stand on what God tells you to do.  You owe no one an explanation for doing righteousness because in the long run the only one you really stand accountable to is the God that you chose to obey,
           In my prayer time I asked God to forgive me for even entertaining the foolishness for as long as I did before I made a conscious decision to end the madness; but I also asked God to forgive the tempter because their weakness led them to be used.  Sorry Satan you lose.  Now both I and my (former) tempter can walk in grace, the slate is clean and the devil has been given notice. NEXT!!!   Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment