Friday, October 21, 2016

Good Health

Proverbs 3:7-8 – “Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.”
     I had a great day yesterday and I felt inspired enough to post my feelings on my Facebook page and now I want to share them with you also. I started off with an early morning visit to my physician for my semi-annual check-up. Although I have been experiencing a few aches and pains (probably from my workouts) I feel GREAT. I just ignore the few discomforts - they are the signals that I am alive and kicking. All of my vitals readings (blood pressure, glucose levels, temperature, etc) are on point. My doctor reviewed my blood work and was excited about my great numbers. No issues with hypertension; no anemia or vitamin deficiencies; my cholesterol is way below the standard cause for concern; and most importantly my weight loss is nearing 70 pounds total since last year.
     I feel like a million bucks and I give God all the praise for his mercy, grace and strength. I am not in any way oblivious to the fact that there are many who eat well, follow strict diets, exercise often and yet their cholesterol levels, blood pressures and other health concerns don’t seem to respond to their efforts. I know it is not anything about me, but about the God who lives in me that makes all things happen. I give it all to him. Thank you God for keeping me. For all the years of abusing the salt shaker; having one additional helping too much; for sitting on my couch when I should have been walking my neighborhood – thank you Lord for a strong resilient body and another chance at a more youthful outlook on life. If I didn’t think I would look foolish I would have attempted a cartwheel on my front grass…but for now I’ll just stick to the giddy laugh that explodes from my mouth each time I step on the scale or slide on a pair of skinny jeans.   Life is good and I am loving it ..one day at a time.. Relax - Everything is in Divine Order! Find a reason today to let out a giddy laugh of praise for what God is doing in your life.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Don’t be distracted; stay focused on your purpose. Enjoy your weekend. Vote early! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment