Monday, December 5, 2016

Do You Know God?

John 3:16 – (NRSV)“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life."

     Over the years since I started writing this blog, I have received feedback from many believers who speak of how the writings have inspired, convicted and even enlightened their souls.  Of course as an amateur wordsmith those words of encouragement and support have kept me focused and on task.  When looking forward to the New Year I reviewed some of the topics that God penned through me and one area that I have been amiss in my writing is the formal invitation to you the reader to exam your life in God. 
     While I write these blogs with the target audience of Christ-baptized believers in mind, I am sure there are some readers who have not accepted Christ as their personal savior or who have moved from Christian faith to more generalized ‘spiritual’ connections with God the Creator.  Our relationship with God is personal and eternal.  I honor everyone’s belief and level of belief, but I would be amiss of my own calling if I did not offer Christ to you.
      Perhaps you’ve never thought about God’s calling on your life.  His first goal for you is salvation; then the Holy Spirit will come to live within you empowering you to do all God has planned for you.   
     If you don’t know Christ as your personal Savior, that can change today.  All you have to do is confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, and you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
Won’t you take this step today? You can use the following prayer or your own sincere words:
“Lord Jesus, I believe you are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with you from now on. I receive you as my personal Savior, accepting the work you accomplished once and for all on the cross.  Thank you for saving me.  Help me to live a life that is pleasing to you.  Amen.”  
Pray daily for renewed strength, understanding and revelation and enjoy your new life in Christ.

 Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day.  Don’t be distracted; stay focused on your purpose.  Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment