Monday, December 19, 2016

Fellowship

1 Corinthians 1:9 – “9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”
     The past week has been filled with great fellowship and memory-building activities. I have spent the last few days in southern California where I came to surprise my brother, Stanley with a pre-holiday visit. The Matthews family hosted their spectacular annual holiday bash on Saturday and I knew my brother would be in attendance so I came into town and surprised him when he and his wife arrived. My girlfriend and her family helped me pull off the charade and it was awesome to see his face when he turned around and saw me standing there. Then on Sunday I had another opportunity to attend another surprise gathering as we celebrated my friend Cheryl’s birthday. When I showed up at her function I even surprised most of the other attendees that I was even on this side of the country. What an awesome time we had.
     God enjoys surprising us with his fellowship also. Often when we least expect it, his presence fills the room where we are and we can’t help but feel the essence of his character as his spirit warms our hearts.

   It was priceless to see the look of amazement and the smiles on my brother’s and my girlfriend’s faces and I knew they felt the love I have for them in going through these steps just to be with them for a few hours. Our God so loved the world that he gave of himself in human form to be born and dwell among us; to guide and encourage us; to love and protect us and the redeem and save us.
     The fellowship we have with God is because of the renewed relationship we have with him through our connection with Christ. If this is a connection you need to renew, revitalize or rejuvenate – do that today. God wants to be in fellowship with us and has provided a wonderful avenue through our relationship with Christ to solidify this fellowship. The Holy Spirit which dwells with all believers is our power source that keeps us plugged in and turned on. Keep reading the Word; praying; meeting with fellow believers in congregational worship and watch as your relationship with God becomes a surprisingly wonderful fellowship.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Don’t be distracted; stay focused on your purpose. Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment