Tuesday, February 20, 2018

God’s Silence

God’s Silence  
Psalm 37:5- “Commit thy way unto the Lord ; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”

When you believe you are all alone and that God is silent because he is mad or frustrated with you...Don’t let the devil or spiritual darkness or your own uncertainty play on your emotions... God is not vexed at or with you. You haven’t committed all of the deadly sins with God’s sister on prom night and now he is out to get you with a shotgun. 
     God’s silence sometimes is  like a teacher giving a lesson. While I am active in teaching you see me, feel my presence and see my works... while I give you class work to complete I hang around and peek over your shoulder and allow you to think, debate and contemplate before I point out what you might need to do or correct or applaud your efforts... but when It is exam time and I am testing you; I remain silent.  I am still there watching and overseeing but you must go through on your own ( but never alone)
      Have you ever talked to someone who although they ask you questions never give you a chance to get a word in edge wise?Sometime God might be silent because he is such a gentleman.  While we are blabbing and squawking, blowing off steam, crying out our concerns etc; he remains quiet and just listens. Just when he might be ready to respond we jump the gun and start our “spill” again so he just remains still and listens.  
      Let’s pay close attention to how we wait on God and consider what phase of a lesson we might be in at the time.  God has not left you; he is omnipresent and all love!
Every day is Good day; it’s up to us to make it a Great day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn 

No comments:

Post a Comment