Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Good to the Last Drop

Psalm 34:8,10– “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good…those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.”
     Today’s verse is one of my favorites and a hallmark for my ministry. As participants leave our fellowship meetings I give them token samples of homemade sweets and candies which have escribed on the packages today’s verse. The Psalmist is telling of the goodness of God and how in every aspect we can expect and appreciate that no good thing will we lack when we trust in God.
     Life’s ups and downs will present many scenarios and situations which will try to steal our joy and leave bitterness in our path. But we do not have to take on these unsavory morsels instead we can taste the goodness of God and see his glory in everything. It is not easy but one of my most earnest desires is to try to find the good in everything I encounter. I look for God in all situations -and believe me often I have to squint and use a magnifier because the evil that others try to heap upon situations can try to cloud out the great possibilities that God uses to his glory. But as with anything…if you look hard enough you can find what you are looking for. Take a moment and search out something that seems painful or troublesome and find the God ‘peace’ in it. Then build on that goodness and watch as the trouble lessens and that which God uses for his glory gets sweeter – to the last drop.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Taste victoriously! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment