Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Shelter in the Time of Storm

Psalm 61:3 (AMP: “ For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, a strong tower against the adversary.”
     One of the first things that settlers in any new area try to acquire is some form of shelter which provides protection from the elements; a comfortable place to rest the body and emotional safety and security. A little over a year ago when the certainty of leaving my previous adobe became a reality, I asked God where was I to go. Utilizing his usual method of communicating with me when I attempt to panic, he was silent. As I calmed my spirit, his voice became more clear and distinct and in essence he told me to ‘wait’. And I did. I packed but I waited. I packed the essentials and I waited to find out where they would go. I packed things to store and I waited for further instructions. I packed things to give away and I waited for news of my next move. I worked while I waited.
     I considered a myriad of relocation scenarios; even contemplated foreign missionary service; but in it all, God told me to wait. Shelter came from an unbelievable but providential source. Daily I give God praise for a roof over my head; a door to lock out danger; ample food and enough ‘stuff’ to make it all comfortable. I praise God for the shelter of his everlasting arms; the shelter of his abiding Word; the shelter of knowing that I am saved and safe. I thank God for shelter. Whether you live in a 10 bedroom mansion, a rental double-wide trailer or found peace on a friend’s pull-out sofa, give God praise and thanksgiving for shelter.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Live victoriously! Be blessed - Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment