Thursday, March 2, 2017

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Psalm 58:3 -“The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.” (KJV)
     I try to look at the positive side of issues and I have been accused of being a bit too trusting of people. It seems like a dangerous position to be in when you trust too soon or are too open and transparent; but to tell the truth, I enjoy my ‘rose-colored glasses’ approach to life. It is hard for me to be cynical or to expect the worse from others; but I am not naïve.
      I know that human nature is sinful and that many people live only to have their own interests fulfilled. They come into this world lying and they get better at it each and every day.  Yes I do give money to beggars; and yes, I know that not all who beg are downtrodden. Yes I do give rides to strangers; but not every hitchhiking thumb finds comfort in my car. The Holy Spirit guides me and gives me discernment about whom to help and whom to pass by. There have been times when I have been driven to do things that I thought were unorthodox yet I was obedient to God’s Spirit and the outcome was always to his glory.
     The defining line is that I realize the world is full of liars. Some lie because they want something or to get out of something. Others lie to feel important or want others to believe they are important or esteemed. Some lie just because it is their nature. They are pathological in their lying and it is life-long. Do not let their lying behaviors sway you from believing in the goodness of others or more so in the goodness of God who controls all situations. Don’t be afraid to reach out and help where you can. 
      There are deceivers, cheats and miscreants in all levels of society. As Christians it is our responsibility to represent Christ in our daily walk; yes, even among those who would spitefully misuse us. Stay tuned into the Holy Spirit and he will guard your heart against the evil one and guide your hand where your service shall not return void.
     Every day is a good day it is up to us to make it a GREAT. Act victoriously! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment