Friday, April 7, 2017

No Traps!

Psalm 91:2-3 – “This I declare, that he alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him. 3 For he rescues you from every trap and protects you from the fatal plague.”(TLB)
    As a part of my good stewardship campaign for 2017, I have been working diligently to pay off outstanding bills, reduce overhead and get as much out of debt as humanly possible in this debt-generating world that we occupy. I prayed about the right moves to make; which bills to establish payment arrangements; which accounts to close and which to just pay off. With the uncertainty of contract work it is difficult to often establish consistent payment plans but God gave me confidence and peace so that I am not in conflict about my debt-to-income ratio.
      God’s promise is that he alone is my refuge; my place of safety. He knows all about the finances, the paperwork, the people involved and every decimal place holding my financial life together. He is my God and I am trusting him in every aspect of this endeavor.
    My most heartfelt prayer was that God would not allow me to fall victim to the schemes, scams, and greed of unscrupulous companies that promise help with debt consolidation or to get credit ratings back on track. I am a true to life biologist and not well-versed in the world of financial planning, so much of the jargon seems light years away from my knowledge base. I decided to ignore the commercial propaganda and follow God’s plan as outlined in Proverbs. In our verse for today He said that he would rescue me from every trap, every snare and every scheme that tries to trap me. I am fully aware that rescue could mean two things. 1). His forewarning could eliminate my ever being ensnared or getting tangled up in treachery or 2)I could be led down a wrong path and he provides a way of escape. Either way it goes, I am fully confident that God is going to make sure that in the long run I will be debt-free and positioned to help others.
     If there a venture you are heading into; a home you wish to purchase; a business you want to start; a legal matter that seems to be going awry or even at your present job if you feel like the flood waters are rising too quickly - get in the life raft of Jesus and know that he is fully capable of calming the sea; and God is able to trip up the fowler’s snare. I don’t know what new setbacks might arise or what new projects might be on the horizon to help stabilize my financial future; but one thing I am certain of as sure as rain is wet and that is God shall be gloried in it because no matter what the outcome I am going to give him praise!
   Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a Victoriously GREAT day! Have a GREAT weekend. See you on Monday! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment