Monday, April 24, 2017

Our Source

Exodus 3:14 (NRSV) – “And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.”

The words of a popular gospel song proclaims— “Because of who you are, I give you glory, because of who you are I give you praise. Because of who you are I will lift my voice and say, Lord I worship you because of who you are”  And it goes on the tell the Jehovah names of God as Provider, Healer, Banner and Peace.  It speaks of how God is a way maker and a soul soother.  One who calms our fears and heals our bodies.   God is Omnipresent.  God is all in all.  He is everything to everybody, everywhere, at the same time, all the time.  While you might need him as a defender in a spiritual courtroom while Satan persecutes you and tries to weigh you down with guilt, depression or shame; I might need him in a physical classroom as a peace giver to calm my anxiety as I take a challenging exam. At the same exact moment thousands of miles away a mother appreciates the joy that floods her soul as God nestles her in his arms after she struggles through a difficult pregnancy and gives birth to a healthy bouncing baby.  God is Alpha and Omega therefore he will be with us at the beginning of our situations; through the middle of it and even after all is said and done, God will be there at the victorious end.
God is Omniscient; what do you need insight on – just ask him.  As it states in James 1:5 –  If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” 
God is Omnipotent; what do you need handled?   Psalm 24:6 tells us  - Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. When God is handling the fight, even a major war attack from the enemy is nothing more than a simple scrimmage. 
What do you call God in times of jubilance? Hurt? Harm? Danger? Peace? Joy? Sorry?  Whatever you call Him call Him often and commune with Him earnestly; but most of all listen to him openly and with your undivided attention.  He is our source and the only source we will ever need.  His Word is sure.  HE IS GOD and he cares!

Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a Victoriously  GREAT day!  Be blessed!  Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment