Friday, June 8, 2018

Prayer Changes Them

Let me encourage you
Let me speak life to you
You can depend on God
To see you thru
You depend on me
To pray for you
I pray for you 
You pray for me 
And watch God change things

I am never hesitant to pray for people with or without a request. I have often stopped in the middle of a Walmart or Walgreens and held the hand of the person in need of prayer and taken the moment to approach God‘s throne right then and right there. I’ve often seen people who I perceive are struggling in the spirit and I have approached them and asked them if they were OK ... told them who I was and asked them if they wanted me to pray for them. I would say “is it OK if we pray right now”; and not surprisingly I can say almost 99% respond not just positively but jump at the chance to have someone pray for them right away.  We live in a time when most think that people want to be private and left alone but I appeal to the part of God in each of us that wants to fellowship. God is a triune God -three in one -he is in constant fellowship with himself. (Father,Son and Holy Spirit)-Why would he create man to be an isolationist.
There is definitely power in prayer and we need each other. No man is an island /no matter how much some people will stand off and act satisfied with being alone.  Today and through the weekend I challenge you to reach out and pray for someone -give them a moment of your time -you could literally encourage and change a life. 
Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a great day! Be blessed; have a great weekend.
Rev. Dr. JoAnn 

Happy 59th birthday BFF Edwina Spinks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment