Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Gotta Say Something! - Flashback


As we prep for Christmas for the next few days I want to share a few choice writings from the past...
     Joel 1_3 – “Tell it to your children, and let your children tell it to their children, and their children to the next generation.”
       Now is the season to make ourselves very vocal about the reason for the season. I have noticed that there is an increased insertion of the greeting of “Merry Christmas” this year than I have heard in quite a while. And I am tickled pink and exuberant about it. For years it seemed that to be politically correct we usurped saying “Merry Christmas” for a more bland and ‘safe’ “Happy Holidays”. We did not want to insult anyone who was not a Christian or who did not celebrate Christmas in the traditional sense. Well I never stopped saying Merry Christmas, even if it might have offended others, that is not my charge, my feeling is that I am blessed to know that Jesus wrapped himself in the frailty of human flesh to navigate this tumultuous world as a babe in swaddling clothing; to endure the harshness of constant travel to evade those who would cause him harm; to live out his adult life being misunderstood, lied on, denied and forsaken….all because of his love for me. And some think that to make them comfortable I am going to deny “Merry Christmas” for the milk-toast, lack-luster greeting of a blanketed holiday cheer – No Thank You!!! I will shout it from the rooftop – I gotta say something and that something is MERRY CHRISTMAS! Jesus is the reason for the season.

Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAn
n


No comments:

Post a Comment