Friday, December 28, 2018

Step by Step

Proverbs 20:24 – “The Lord guides our steps, and we never know where he will lead us.”
     As I entered my prayer room, which we serenely call the ‘chapel’ my eyes caught the “Footsteps” writing I have posted on one of the walls. I have heard it and read it many, many times but this morning I read again and the Holy Spirit really reminded me of how much God does love us and when the hard times in our lives rush upon us, he gently lifts us in his arms and carries us onward. As I read the last few lines I knew this morning I wanted to share with you the steadfast love of God. No matter what you are going through; whether you are in the beginning of a trial, in the midst of the storm or bruised and battered from just completing a soul-stirring battle – know that God never leaves us alone…he holds, carries, protects and loves us dearly.
      Think back on your own footsteps and give God praise for his loving, supportive and ever-present arms. Find ways this weekend to show God’s love back to him and to others around you. Be appreciative of how he has carried you through ups and downs and be grateful for even the most uncertain times. God loves us step-by-step.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Have a worshipful weekend. See you on Monday! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment