Friday, December 7, 2018

Relax

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
     There's nothing like rest and rejuvenation to spark the spirit and heal the soul. Sometimes we just need to put the brakes on and slow ourselves down to a complete stop. Many of us are running on full throttle so much that we are whisking through life and really not enjoying the scenery. We all know that the rat race is out there.... but we also know that the second rat gets the cheese. Slow down... feast on the day... smell the flowers; better yet take some time and actually plant a few.
     We hurry through each day wishing for it to be over but in reality we are asking for our lives to hurry and be done. You might say- "I can't wait until next month, this project will conclude." It seems like a harmless statement but remember our words are very powerful. Before you know it the time has come and gone; but what other important things have you also sped through? Time you could have spent with family; time you could have enjoyed doing things you like; reading, crafts, movies; time you could have used deepening your relationship with God.
     Well it is time for all of us to slow it down a notch and embrace the fine art of doing as Jesus says in Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT rest-filled day. Enjoy the weekend; see you on Monday. Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment