Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Keep Moving

Acts 20:24 – “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” 
     About a month ago, in the midst of recovering from foot surgery I started gradually going back to the gym. At first it was a little slow going as I worked my way from one to two and now three miles on the treadmill. When I first stated although I wanted to do more, what I settled for was to do my best with the limited mobility that I had. Eventually the incision healed and I grew more resilient to the pain of putting pressure on my foot and was able to do more and go farther.
      All that God wants us to do is to do our best to complete the task before us. Trust that he has prepared us for what lies ahead and that we just have to dig down deep and take one step at a time. Soon the time, the distance, the projects, the classwork, the therapies, the chores and the race will be completed. Take it a step at a time and keep going. Don’t worry about the challenges or oppositions; keep pressing on.
    Each new step we encounter might be a bit of a strain but the benefit to our overall health is immeasurable. You have what it takes to make it and it just takes you to resolve in your mind that you must keep moving.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a victoriously GREAT day. Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment