Monday, June 26, 2017

Strength from Within

Happy Monday! 2 Thessalonians 3:3 – “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”
     I have made some real blooper decisions in my day and I must admit that some of them were because I just didn’t think pass the tip of my nose. Others were because I was rushing or tempted or just under the influence of stupidity or carnality. But our God is so faithful, that even in the midst of our making wrong choices or going in wrong directions or hanging out with the wrong people he protects us.
     Lately I have had to really do some soul searching about editing my address book (and phone contact list) to eliminate some people and places that just cannot be a part of my ‘walk’ anymore. It has not easy to eliminate the familiar or to walk away from people who are toxic when they think they are ‘ok’. Some when we walk away want to follow us. But God will strengthen us and protect us as we eliminate the evil that tries to pursue us. Whether that negativity is from without or from within, God provides for us shelter in the time of turmoil and storm.
     Got some hard decisions to make? They might just be life changing for the better….that is one reason they are difficult to do. Ask for God’s wisdom and protection and allow your path to be cleared of the rift-raft, naysayers, toxic people who want to stall your forward progress.
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a victoriously GREAT day! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment