Friday, October 12, 2018

A Trusting God

Luke 1:30- "The angel said to her, “Don’t be afraid, Mary, because God is very pleased with you."
     This weekend I will celebrate the one year anniversary of my ordination in to the ministry of God’s call. I recall how although there were many emotions that flowed through me, the most overwhelming was the feeling that God approved of me and selected me to be a forebearer of his Word. I have been actively reading, studying, teaching and sharing the Gospel, Bible Studies and testimonies for many years and I always did my best to honor the privilege by carefully approaching any tasks with dedication. I have been told on many occasions that I have a special gift for teaching and that my ‘storytelling’ abilities make the teachings come alive for those listening. I appreciated each word of support and accreditation, but that night last year I truly felt the essence of how Mary must have felt when she realized the gravity of how much God trusts us with his assignments.
     God wants us to be willing vessels for him; to not only follow his directives but to be anxious and zealous in our obedience. The pathway to becoming an ordained minister was not a ‘lifelong’ goal for me, but somehow when I look back on my journey, God has been preparing me for it all along and he trusted that when he called me, You never know all of the plans God has for you – he trusts you – so trust Him!
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn



No comments:

Post a Comment