Thursday, October 4, 2018

Mirror, Mirror

1 Corinthians 13:12 – “For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.”
     As I prepared to get dressed I used a two sided mirror located on my dresser. One side shows reflections that are of normal size, while the flip side has a 5X magnification factor. As I focused on the ‘regular’ mirror examining my reflection, I was able to fix my hair the way I wanted and put on my base make-up foundation; but it was only when I flipped to the higher magnification side could I see close up enough to make better use of my make-up brushes and eye liner. Only upon close scrutiny could I see some flaws that I wanted to cover up. It was only upon close review that I could really see the things that needed correction.
      It is similar for us in our walk with God. We may see ourselves and our time with God as good, stable, effective or ‘business as usual’ and in a way this is like the regular side of the mirror. We can get some things accomplished and they appear to be all in place and in alignment. But when we allow the Holy Spirit to flip the mirror more things that we need to work on become evident; ‘up close and personal’. What have you asked the Holy Spirit to do for you lately? My suggestion is to petition him to reveal areas in our lives that need to be magnified, identified and fixed so that our walk with God will be glorified.
      Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Be blessed! Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment