Friday, October 26, 2018

Give Your Best

Matthew 26:7 – “a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.”
     I am a true ‘church chick”. I thoroughly enjoy a great church service and the opportunity to praise and worship God in a congregational setting. By the time I get to church I am usually wound up from my watching early morning sermons prior to leaving home; then I listen to praise songs on the radio while driving to church; then I sing along with the church choir. By the time the preacher of the hour comes forth to deliver the message I am in full gear.
     When we give God praise do we give it our all and enjoy being immersed in the awesomeness of his wonder? When the woman with the alabaster box gave her all to Jesus she was motivated not by what others would think or how it would show up on social media… her motivation was to honor Christ.
     Let’s check our own giving moments and motivations. Been guilty lately of doing just enough to get by? We might think that we are doing fine because we attend church services, promise to curse or drink less or give an occasional dollar to a street beggar; but are we really making sacrificial giving to reciprocate the love that God showers on us? Take a moment and think about the last time you gave of ‘yourself’. Find a way this weekend to give of your best!
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a giving GREAT day. Have a great weekend. See you on Monday!   Be blessed. Rev. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment