Monday, August 8, 2016

Reunited

Philippians 2:28 – “ I am the more eager to send him, therefore, that you may rejoice at seeing him again, and that I may be less anxious.”
    What a difference a phone call can make. After many years of separation, last evening I was reunited with my goddaughter Tailah who is now 33 years old. Her mom and I grew up together as children and she is my first godchild. Over 20 years ago after her mom’s death, though neither one of us could put our finger on it, we lost touch. For years I sought to locate her but with no success. I even sought assistance through child advocacy agencies and later through Facebook when it was in its infancy.
    Over the past few years as I have been packing, unpacking and relocating I often run into pictures of her amongst my belongings and wonder about her well-being. Just this past Friday I mentioned her and one of the favorite activities we used to do and what a shocker to now know that through a simple message and a few questions she was the one who found us. WE have been reunited and I can only rejoice. I have prayed over finding her and knowing where she was and how she was fairing and God is so faithful. I never wanted her to think she was abandoned or forgotten. Not only is she doing well, but she said she has been thinking about us throughout the years and was hopeful to find us too.
    If there is someone that you miss and they keep coming up in your spirit do not be dismayed. God is so awesome and he loves reunions. He wants us to be reunited - for that is the core of the redemption story. When Adam sinned and put a great divide between mankind and God, Jesus came to bridge that gap. Ask the Holy Spirit to work on your behalf and then trust, wait and believe.
    Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a power-packed GREAT day! Don’t be distracted; stay focused on your purpose! Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment