Thursday, June 9, 2016

Flashback Thursday - Blessing, Curse or a Test?

Here is a previous post that I think is worth revisiting...

Leviticus 19:11 – “You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.
    I decided to visit a local market to purchase some fruits and veggies. I did manage to locate a nice pineapple, some grapes, pears, bananas and a rather large watermelon. Happy with my selections I headed to the checkout counter. The store employee rang up my items and when I heard the total l was a bit confused because I knew the watermelon by itself cost more than half of the total. I asked the employee for the total once again and was told the same amount. I could only guess that some of my items were on sale and today was indeed my lucky day. I knew favor had shone on me.
    Upon completion of the sale, I received my change and the receipt. Usually I stuff both into my wallet and put it back into my purse before leaving the store. This time however, as I was leaving the store and reviewing the items on the list it came to my attention that I had not been charged for the watermelon. I first thought to myself: “It is not my problem - I asked the employee for the total; my bags are packed; I am just about outside the door. Oh this must be my lucky, blessed day.” But before I could gloat over the ‘free’ watermelon my mind came back to me and I knew I had to turn that cart around and go and pay for this neglected item. I am believing God for too much to have my journey thwarted by an over-sized piece of fruit.     How many times have you been confronted with situations which on the surface appear to be either blessings or curses but under full investigation they might simply be tests of our character? Like my ‘free’ watermelon; you might find yourself faced with a decision that on the outside seems more like a no-brainer. Don’t get caught up in the moment. Exercise sound judgment and remember that somethings may be ‘free’ in the natural world but what impact do they have on us in our spirit walk?
    Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day. Don't be distracted - stay focused on your purpose! Be blessed. Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment