Wednesday, June 29, 2016

No Traps!

Psalm 91:2-3 – “This I declare, that he alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him. 3 For he rescues you from every trap and protects you from the fatal plague.”(TLB)
     God’s promise is that he alone is our refuge; our place of safety. He knows all about our frustrations, trials and temptations. Having issues? Remember He is our God and we must trust him in every aspect of our endeavors. As the saying goes – when you can’t see God’s hand, just trust his heart. Although it might appear that God is distant or ignoring your request for resolution of a situation – know that he is not only on the case, but in his infinite wisdom he is protecting you while you are going through the ordeal.
     With so many schemes, scams and con artists conspiring to do evil, fraudulent acts, my most heartfelt prayer is that God would not allow his children to fall victim to the greed of unscrupulous characters that often prey on the desperate, the elderly or the uninformed.
     God said that he would rescue us from every trap, every snare and every scheme that tries to trap us. I am fully aware that rescue could mean two things. 1). His forewarning could eliminate my ever being ensnared or getting tangled up in treachery or 2) if I am led down a wrong path he provides a way of escape. Either way it goes, I am fully confident that God is going to make sure that in the long run I shall be triumphant.
     Is there a venture you are heading into; a home you wish to purchase; a business you want to start; a legal matter that seems to be going awry – do you feel like the flood waters are rising too quickly - get in the life raft with Jesus and know that he is fully capable of calming the sea. God is able to fowl up the fowler’s snare. We may not have the slightest idea of what the outcome will be; but one thing I am certain of as sure as rain is wet and that is God shall be gloried in it because no matter what the outcome, we are going to give him praise!
     Every day is a good day; it is up to us to make it a GREAT day! Don’t be distracted; stay focused on your purpose. Have a GREAT weekend. Be blessed! Dr. JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment